“To promote, develop and support Kilmarnock FC and sport in the community”
- Through membership from the supporters of Kilmarnock FC, we will aim to provide direct and indirect influence over the running of the football club, ensuring the opinions of the supporters are considered before decisions are made by the board of directors at the club.
- We will create and develop a working relationship with the people and organisations responsible for the day to day running & long term planning of Kilmarnock Football Club.
- The need to continue to strengthen the bonds of our relationship with the club and interests of Ayrshire can only benefit the needs of all concerned. The Trust will also strive to benefit present and future members of the community by promotion, encouragement and furthering the sport of football in Ayrshire. In the long term, this also includes helping to further the sport at our national and international level.
- The Trust will also encourage Kilmarnock FC to take proper account of the interests and safety of its supporters and the community in which the club serves when decisions of such matters are made.
- At all times, the Trust will respect the rights of all members of the community served by the club and will strive to provide information to the people of Ayrshire and conduct the Trust affairs in accessible and appropriate ways.
The Killie Trust has eight Clear Objectives in its constitution, which it will continue to deliver upon as the business moves forward:
- To strengthen the bonds between the Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the Club;
- To benefit present and future members of the community served by the Club by promoting encouraging and furthering the game of football as a recreational facility, sporting activity and focus for community involvement;
- To further the development of the game of football nationally and internationally and the upholding of its rules;
- To encourage the Club to take proper account of the interests of its supporters and of the community it serves in its decisions;
- To encourage and promote the principle of supporter representation on the board of any company owning or controlling the Club and ultimately to be the vehicle for democratic elections to the board;
- To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the Club and people dealing with the Society as set out in the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, having regard in particular to the need to provide information to members and conduct the affairs of the Society in accessible and appropriate ways;
- To encourage Society members who are Club shareholders to assign their proxy vote to the Society;
- To promote and support Youth Development within the district of Ayrshire, for the future benefit of Kilmarnock Football Club.